Writing Program at the College
We support undergraduate faculty in using writing as a pedagogical tool across all levels and disciplines so that students learn that effective writing involves:
- Considering audience and purpose
- Using evidence effectively
- Applying critical reasoning and creativity
- Choosing appropriate language and style
- Following the conventions of a particular discipline
The Writing Program and the Writing Studio are initiatives facilitated by the Office of Writing at the College. We collaborate with General Education to facilitate the writing across the curriculum program. We also partner with CELT to co-facilitate the Faculty Pub and Faculty PubTalks.